Countryside Retreat in Northeast IowaWaukon, IA 52172
Our newly-constructed, comfortable home is set on four acres of picturesque Northeast Iowa property only a few minutes drive from downtown Waukon, and approximately 20 minutes from Decorah, Lansing, or Spring Grove.
Whether you plan on taking in all the area has to offer, or aspire to simply enjoy a quiet respite in the countryside, we are certain you will love it here.
This multi-level, single-family home is conveniently located close to all Northeast Iowa has to offer. Savor a steaming cup of coffee on the deck in the morning as you take in the view and stargaze by night after chasing fireflies throughout the expansive yard. Observe deer and fox foraging near the entrance to the woods from the comfort of the upper level dining room, play a family board game, or put together a puzzle in the lower level dining area.
Our home is family friendly, offering a crib for families of infants or a toddler bed. (We can only accommodate one or the other at this time.) Guests should be aware they are obtaining the lower two levels of the home, with one flight of carpeted stairs to descend as they access the sleeping accommodations.
If you are keen to dine at the house during your stay, the fully equipped kitchen with new stainless appliances, including dishwasher is perfect for you. The private bedroom on the lower level has a very comfortable new luxury queen sized mattress, perfect for a restful night's sleep. The lower-level bathroom has a brand new walk-in shower fully stocked with shampoo, conditioner, and bodywash. The lower level shared family room has a queen bed should you have more than two guests staying in your party.
There are two family rooms, both equipped with TV, and we have provided several movies for you to enjoy should a cosy night in be of interest to you. An Apple TV is available to log into on the upper level floor.
We have lived and worked in this community since graduating from Luther College in 2000, and would love to share ideas for your family to enjoy the offerings of the area should you be interested. We built this property as our family dream home shortly before making a career move to serve as international teachers in the Middle East. It is a place of peace and escape from everyday stress, noise and commotion. Located in a safe neighborhood of newly constructed family homes owned by local professionals, this is our 'home away from home,' and we would like our guests to experience and use the house with the same delight and respect.
Ufikiaji wa mgeni
You will have access to two family rooms, 1.5 baths, kitchen, private bedroom, deck, and outdoor spaces.
Mambo mengine ya kukumbuka
- No parties or events.
- No unauthorized guests should visit the property upon your stay.
- This is our home with our personal items, furniture, and carpets. We have two family members that are allergic to animals. Unfortunately, we are unable to host travelers with animals for this reason. Thank you for understanding this strict "no pets in the home or on the property" policy.
- Two of our family members are allergic to smoke. We strictly request that only non-smokers stay in our home. Guests are not allowed to smoke in the house or on the property. Guests that do not follow this house rules face being asked to leave without refund for the duration of their stay, and will be subject to housemaster cleaning bill.
- This home is located in a development of families. Please consider your volume when outdoors.
- We would prefer our guests leave their shoes in the foyer as they enter the home to protect the hardwood and carpeted areas.
- Unauthorized late check out will incur a mandatory $50.00 fee.
- Unauthorized late check out of more than 2 hours will incur a mandatory fee of $125.00. This does not award you possession of the property for that day. Should you want to stay another night, you will have to formally do so through the website.
- Any refunds that another Airbnb traveler receives given your late check out will be solely your responsibility.
Checking Out---As you prepare to depart, please note our check-out instructions:
- Please wash and put away or put all dirty dishes into the dishwasher and start prior to leaving.
- Please put used bed linens and towels into the provided laundry basket.
- Please lock all doors and windows on your way out and send a message here letting us know you are on your way.